The Network of Care is a comprehensive, Internet-based community resource for seniors and persons with disabilities, as well as their caregivers and service providers.
This easy-to-use Web site provides an extensive directory to put people in touch with the right services at the right time. It also offers vital information about diseases, situations, assistive devices and caregiving, as well as daily news from around the world concerning aging and disabilities. This unique, one-stop information tool enables you to keep personal records, create an online family meeting place, and communicate directly with elected officials to make your voice heard in the legislative halls.
The Network of Care originally was sponsored by a California Department of Aging innovation grant in partnership with the Alameda County Department of Aging and Adult Services. The project is part of a broad effort to improve and better coordinate long-term care services in our community.
The Network of Care's features include:
- Service Directory, a comprehensive database of local community resources for consumers, caregivers and service providers. We designed the Service Directory - the first database of its kind - to be easily used by anyone who wants to find local services by category. The Service Directory is extremely important in enabling people to make greater use of home- and community-based services, so they can stay in their own homes, as independent as possible for as long as possible.
- Library, a deep bank of educational information about diseases, conditions, situations, research and a wide variety of other important topics, to help people better understand and handle their own living circumstances associated with aging and disabilities. It includes a section of articles specifically for caregivers.
- Assistive Devices, a fast, easy-to-use database of more than 40,000 assistive tools that you can search by function, manufacturer and brand name. The database is frequently updated to bring you the most current information and state-of-the-art products.
- For Providers, an online community for service providers to share challenges and ideas, and create powerful new tools so they can better serve the elderly and persons with disabilities. Service providers also can create their own free Web sites here - it's fast and easy.
- Links, one-click access to Web sites for all the local, state and national organizations you need. Links makes it easy for you to find programs designed to aid seniors and persons with disabilities.
- Legislate, a powerful tool that lets you easily track bills that affect you and communicate directly with lawmakers before they vote.
- My PHR, an online file that stores your medical, legal and financial information, so you can access it quickly and easily and share it with trusted friends and family. You also can make personalized lists of useful agencies, articles, and legislation you gather at the Network of Care, and save them in My Folder for quick reference.
- Nationwide News, a daily presentation of the top state and national headlines about the elderly, persons with disabilities, caregivers and service providers.
- Social Network of Care, a state-of-the-art social networking platform that enables users to create public or private groups, forums and blogs and to upload and share media.